No Sound only in Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sarath Vellani

Hi,

I have no sound coming when I am trying to play media files on my Windows XP. There is no problem when I am using Linux. I have a partition which has Linux OS. I had my Windows reinstalled and sound drivers re-installed. But it is of no effect.........

I checked settings and all but all seem to be OK...

Regards,
Sarath

Sarath Vellani

It was working fine. But suddenly its stopped working. I am not sure whether it was due to any other driver installation or something. Bocoz I had installed some USB related drivers.... But even after re-installing windows, the sound ain't coming

Check your sound setting by unhide panel and look for sound then click open volume controls. then check Volume and Wave is maximum and not muted.

Wave can affects volume controls.

Hopes it help

CCM

Yea, make sure all the cables are plugged in tight, and make sure that the volume is not muted.

Next, go to the Device Manager, and see if there's any problem with the sound drivers.

may be the problem is in your media player...try to reinstall codecs.

sorry sarith
that was silly of me...i browsed your post too quickly...i wont ever make that mistake again.!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online