no sound, only video when playing DVD with Windows Media Player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

muzicman

don't know why can't hear any sound (only video) when playing DVD in Windows media player. but it works fine with CD. just to let you know it happened after restalling Windows XP. so don't know what i've missed. pls help.

muzicman

happyrck said:
did you get all the updates and service packs
i'm not sure which updates i should download, coz there are lots. can you tell me? btw, i have Service Pack 2. Thanks again!

muzicman

happyrck said:
did you get all the updates and service packs
sorry one more thing i almost forgot, which version of Windows Media Player i should have? 9, 10, 11 beta...........?

I use and recommend 10...stay away from beta anything unless you dont mind getting a little grief now and then...use windows update to get ALL updates...critical...hardware..software

muzicman

happyrck said:
I use and recommend 10...stay away from beta anything unless you dont mind getting a little grief now and then...use windows update to get ALL updates...critical...hardware..software
Thanks! i'll try the windows update then. will let you know after doing this.

muzicman

just wondering why it works with some, but doesn't work with some. do i need to get more encoder or what? please help. i've already got the latest windows updates.

just another thought...if you buy a DVD/CD burner...check to see what bundled software comes with it...you can get both power dvd and nero..with the burner..they are OEM versions but they both work just fine and the burners are under $50.00 uncluding the software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online