No Sound or volume control

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eelsta

Hi.

I purchased a new computer (well second hand) and installed a fresh version of XP Pro on it. The computer now does not have sound or a volume control in the task bar. I assume the computer did have sound previously as there were a large assortment of video and music files.

When I search for volume control and click on them I get this message:
"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices go to control panel, click printers and other hardware and then add hardware.

The program will now close"

On the side of the computer it has the following listed as its audio device:
Integrated Realtek ALC658 Digital Audio. Dolby 5.1 surround sound ready'

Anyway, i downloaded a Realtek ALC658 driver from google and still no use.

Help!

techkid

David
Right-click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Is there any devices with a red cross or a yellow exclamation/question mark?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online