1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound please HELP

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Brandon77, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon77

Brandon77 Thread Starter

Hi,y'all can some1 help me get sound out of my red het 8.0? It doesn't even detect wht kind of sound card i have,but when i boot to window xp or 98 it works fine.I even use the sound card detection thingy and there still no sound when i push the test button,so please if any1 can cause this sucks with no sound coming out thankz.:confused:

2. Brandon77

Brandon77 Thread Starter

Wazzup linux lovers out there,now i wanna know how the hell do you install programs on your linux pc?Please if someone reply can you please,and i mean please teach me in detail,step by step on how to install those programs that you download such as (LimeWireLinux.bin).Please show me how to install this example.Thankz to all you linux lovers out there.Cya:confused:

3. lynch

lynch

Go to Red Hat's hardware database and see if your soundcard is supported.What sound card do you have,anyway?If it doesnt detect it,then the test button isnt going to work:indeed,it surprises me that the test button is even available.Here are 2 things you can try:
    1.Restart your computer and when it first reboots,enter the bios setup and disable Plug and Play(PnP)OS.Save settings and exit.Let RH boot and try the sound again.
    2.Open the KGear menu and go to Multimedia>Sound>kmix or whatever snd mixer is in there.The sound on most linux installs is turned down by default.
    HTH
    lynch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice