1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound Realtek High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by computergirl2, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computergirl2

computergirl2 Thread Starter

Hello,

I can't install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio Driver WDM_R236 on a Windows XP Pro Machine. The integrated soundcard is Realtek ALC880.
    I also have an ATI video card and the ATI HDMI driver installed. Both devices say that they're working properly however there is no sound device under sounds and audio devices properties. There are two instances of Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers several times and tried many solutions but nothing has worked. I currently don't have sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

integrated soundcard did you go to the mother boards manufacturer site to get the drivers?
    for the onboard audio Realtek ALC880.
    if you downloaded the sound card drivers probably won't work..

3. computergirl2

computergirl2 Thread Starter

I downloaded the latest high definition drivers from Realtek. I'll download the ones from Intel instead and see if that works. Why wouldn't the Realtek ones work?

4. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

get a manual for your machine if its a non commercial brand you will have to check the mother board make if you download belarc advisor and install the software most of the information will be accessed.www.belarc.com
    if you have a sound card installed and the mother board has onboard sound then you will have to disable either one.If your using the onboard sound then you will need the motherboard drivers for the onboard sound.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877627