Solved No sound through HDMI Monitor - no solution works!

omnichampion

Hi all!

I've bought a new PC, along with a new monitor (as I had a laptop before) and I can't get any sound to come through my monitor using a HDMI cable and/or an AUX lead. Below are my specs:
---
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version:
Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20200617090434.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (818 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME A320M-K, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 181242822209611
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n CM065710-017
Antivirus: Norton 360, Enabled and Updated
---
From the countless threads I've looked through, this is a common issue when you have AMD and Realtek audio drivers conflicting, but no solutions from these threads have worked for me. The solutions that I have tried are as follows.
  • FIX - AMD HDMI no sound output to monitor speakers: Both of the drivers that this solution asked me to check are the correct providers, but my Device Manager doesn't look how it's meant to look (compared to the screenshots in the thread). I've also tried disabling all the other audio drivers/devices, still nothing through the monitor.
  • I have tried updating every single sound driver as plenty of articles suggest to do, still nothing.
  • Uninstalling all of the sound drivers and then restarting with the monitor switched on to get the PC to install the necessary drivers... you get the drift.
  • I have also tried having an aux lead plugged into monitor from the PC as well as the HDMI, but the computer considers them separate devices/drivers.
  • Using the troubleshooting tool just advises me to turn off audio enhancements as usual and then just cycles through the drivers when I select 'I can't hear anything' to no avail.
All of that being said, I am willing to try any of the above solutions again just to be sure I didn't miss anything or mess up somewhere down the line, and of course any new solutions you guys have.

Just to add:
  • The monitor is not muted and is turned all the way up.
  • All the leads I have mentioned work and are not damaged.
  • The audio ports are not damaged as I have tried my headphones in all of them and I can hear sound.

I'll include some screen shots of my device manager and sound settings below for reference but if you need any more, I'll be more than happy to provide some.
---
Device Manager.pngSound Settings.pngTroubleshooting Tool.pngSound Control Panel.png

Attachments

Looking up that monitor, the specs for it are pretty vague but from what I can find....that monitor doesn't have built in speakers. If that is correct....then that's why you're not getting any sound from the HDMI cable.

omnichampion

Looking up that monitor, the specs for it are pretty vague but from what I can find....that monitor doesn't have built in speakers. If that is correct....then that's why you're not getting any sound from the HDMI cable.
That would explain so much, but there are volume controls on the monitor's settings, so I would assume that there's sound. There's also an audio jack on the back.

That would explain so much, but there are volume controls on the monitor's settings, so I would assume that there's sound. There's also an audio jack on the back.
That explains everything, you need to attach compatible speakers to your monitor.
If you can't see speakers on your monitor, then how could there be audio output?

omnichampion

Just tried plugging in my switch to confirm and low and behold, no sound.

Thank you for your help. I just can't believe its a simple as the monitor not having speakers at all, when there is every indication that it has built in speakers, from the volume control in the monitor's settings to having an audio jack in the back of the monitor.

To be honest, I should've figured the monitor wasn't the best when the stand wouldn't even fit properly and the screen kept falling forwards. Don't buy Xenta monitors y'all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online