No sound when external monitor hooked up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnpowers

I just hooked up a Dell E2414Hx monitor to my Dell Inspiron laptop to be used as my primary monitor. After I plugged it in, the sound from my external speakers stopped working. If I revert back to my laptop screen, the sound works fine. Also, when I insert the disc that came with it & hit the "monitor drivers" button, it says it does not recognize the monitor. I bought this brand new from Amazon.

Are you connecting it via HDMI (HDMI out to DVI)? Usually the HDMI output also redirects sound, so you would simply have to change the default audio device in your sound preferences.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online