1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound while playing audio CD's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LeightonP75, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LeightonP75

LeightonP75 Thread Starter

I have recently formatted my PC and ever since have not had any sound whilst playing audio CD's. I know my soundcard is fine as i get all other sounds i.e windows sounds plus when i listen to saved MP3's the sound is fine. Someone suggested trying listening with headphones plugged into the CDROM drive and when i do this i CAN hear the CD, but i dont understand what this means? Can someone help me so that i can listen to audio CD's without having to use headphones.

Thanks

2. beach51

beach51

Hi Leighton,Welcome to TSG,and Merry Christmas,Go to Start>Settings>control panel>multimedia>click on the cd music tab>Make sure your cd is set for the right drive>and that the volume slider is in the middle or higher.

Let us know if this works.

3. LeightonP75

Thanks for the help buddy, i did what you suggested but still no sound. However, when i changed the drive to my other drive (my cd writer) it did play correctly. This obviously suggests there is some problem with my D drive any ideas what could be the problem. (Some sort of lose connection or something?)

4. RonK

RonK

Try switching the sound cable from the writer to the D drive. (Incase you have a bad cable)

5. LeightonP75

Thanks for your help buddy!

6. RonK

RonK

What was the problem you found ?

7. LeightonP75

I recently installed a new sound card, it was connected the the E drive but it wasnt't connected to the D drive! lol the connector was hiiden behind a few things so i didnt see it until i had a good close look!

8. RonK

RonK

Super - Have a Merry Christmas !

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice