1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ray LEMANSKI, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ray LEMANSKI

Ray LEMANSKI Thread Starter

We Have No Sound. Even When Not On Line. I Went To Play Games Off Line And Still No Sound. We Did Get A Card And Opened It. There Was Sound With The Card. We Have Aol. There Is No Welcome, You've Got Mail, Or Anything Else. When I Go Play Games On Pogo No Sound. Please Help Me To Find The Problem. I Went Into Control Panal.....sound.....there Was Three Different Audio Systems. Two Said Enabled. One Said Enabled But An Unknown Source Is Interferring. I Am Computer Illiterate. Please Help Me.

Thank You
    Ray Lemanski

2. oldie

oldie

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. What operating system?

Also, I'm moving you to hardware, as 'other software' is not the best place for this question ;)

4. fatcat6499

fatcat6499

Alright.... I dont want to make you sound stupid I had this problem before and it was simply the sound was muted in the Volume Control. To make sure

(supposeing you use winxp)

1.Click on StartMenu
    2.Go to All Programs
    3.Go to Accessories
    4.Go to Entertainment
    5.Go to Volume Control
    6.Make Sure everything isnt muted.

Hope this helps its some times the simple things we overlook that make a differance

5. nana3

nana3

i checked all this out still no sound on pogo or club pogo games.

nana03

6. redbeardsghost

redbeardsghost

OK, what you need to do first is figure out whather your computer will make any sound at all. Open your control panel, then open sounds and audio devices. click on the sounds tab at the top. click on any of the speaker icons. press the play button. It's a little triangle next to the browse button. If it makes a sound, then the problem is a software setting somewhere. If it doesn't, it's hardware. Probably.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice