1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by luckbwithu, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luckbwithu

luckbwithu Thread Starter

We had to take our computer in and have it fixed awhile back because there was a lot of viruses on it. Now I can’t figure out how to get sound again on the computer. Please help…..

2. rude

rude

Could you give us a little more info please,System,os,error messages,which player,etc.

3. luckbwithu

The music player we use is creative play center, when I click on voice and go to properties it says SB live audio E400. I have not got any error messages. I use Windows XP. I hope this has been some help.... Thank you

4. thegreatone

thegreatone

Have you tried the troubleshooting on your PC? Go to your Sound and Audio Properties in the Control Panel > Hardware tab and highlight SB live audio E400 then click the troubleshoot button. Give this a shot and let us know where your at afterwards.

5. luckbwithu

Hi, I'm really sorry to be a pain, I have tried going to troubleshoot but have got no where. The one problem I have is the sound system we have for the computer is a cheap one, cant even find a name for it anywhere on it. I dont even no if we had a CD with it. Is there a way if I could see on the computer if the speakers even work. I thought maybe I would have to change something on volumn to make them work. Any way all your help is appreciated. Thank you Faith

6. win98se

win98se

Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, click on the "+" by the Sounds icon. Double click each device and go through "Troubleshoot". You might also want to find updated drivers.

7. DFC

DFC

Start, Control Panel, Sounds MM. Now pick a sound event with a sound. Is the play button enabled. Sure speakers are plugged in speaker jack and not some other input. (probably light green?)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!