No Sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

garf1955

My son just upgraded my windows 95 to Windows ME. Since then, the sound does not work. I've checked the driver and it is up to date. I've checked the connections and they seem to be good. Suggestions? Thanks

Just so we know what you've done.

Does everything look OK in Device Manager? Sound Card working? Anything listed under Other Devices that might be conflicting. Right driver for the new OS?

You've gone through all the volume control settings, nothing turned down or muted. Speakers enabled etc.

garf1955

I checked all drivers. It says that they are the most recent. Check conflicts, didn't see any. Under Other, it has the new HP All-in-one, but says that there aren't any conflicts. Nothing is muted in the sound controls.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online