no sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lbetz59119

I recently purchased a Dell Dimension C521 computer with an integrated 7.1 audio card. I have Boston Digital BA735 speakers from my old computer. Is there a driver I can download so that my speakers work? If not, what kind of speakers do I have to buy?

What have you done to the pc, have reinstalled windows?
Were they working and suddenly stopped?
You should be able to get sound drivers from Dell's website

I had this problem. Try going into your BIOS and in there going into Chipset configeration or something (well, just look around) until you find somethign which says like 'Onboard sound' or something. Make sure it's ENABLED and not just on AUTO... Aparently, AUTO basically means DISABLED on something like that.

Hope this helps...

Lostock Kid

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online