1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gwenola, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gwenola

gwenola Thread Starter

Hi there, my laptop crashed about a month ago , and a friend of mine reinstalled a new programme of windows proffesional xp , since than i have had no sound , please help.

2. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

You'll need to go to the laptop manufacturer's website and download all the drivers for your model from the support section.

3. PuppyLinux

PuppyLinux

If you can provide some specific details about your laptop, we might be able to help you locate the proper sound drivers...

If you don't know any of the details, you can download and install the Everest Home Edition program, which should be able to identify most (or all) of your hardware for us:

http://fs7.filehippo.com/5636/bdee94321f374e98833f15503dd7e2bb/everesthome220.exe

Simply right-click that link, and choose the "Save..." or "Save As..." option; save the file, which is named "everesthome220.exe" to your Windows Desktop, where it will be easy to find. Once the download has completed, CLOSE ALL OPEN APPLICATIONS, including your browser, and double-click on the file. It will install Everest Home Edition (version 2.20) onto your system.

Once Everest has installed, double-click on the new (green) Everest Home Edition icon on the Desktop; Everest will run, and it will check for details about your hardware. Once you've installed Everest, we should be able to find the information we need about your soundchip, and advise you on which driver you need to download and install.

Post any questions you might have BEFORE you begin; let us know if you encounter any problems following the steps I've provided.

4. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

please post make and model of your laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice