1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doodlekin, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodlekin

Doodlekin Thread Starter

About a week or so ago, I tried plugging in my mic to use vent. This caused a buzzing like sound to caused from my speakers and my computer froze. I turned my computer off and when I turned it back on I had no sound.

Later I used system restore on my computer using the ctrl F11 on startup thing. The sound was still stuffed after that. I Have tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling my sound device (creative sound blaster live! 24 bit) multiple times but that doesnt work. Before I reformatted it last time all my sound options were greyed out in Sounds, Speech and Audio devices in control panel. I have installed the latest drivers yet that had no effect.

If anybody could please give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

2. norton850

norton850

Hi

Correct me if wrong but on Dells doesn 't the Ctrl F11 combination put the machine back to factory defaults? If you in this situation again you might want to first do a Window's System Restore.

But we digress. :D Is everything still grayed out in Device Manager? I think, if you still have it, that the Dell diagnostic CD (can sometimes also be done pressing F12 at startup) has an audio section.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Is this an add-on soundcard? Is the onboard sound disabled if yes?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice