1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karen-london, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karen-london

karen-london Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help....Since I uninstalled XP and installed 7, I have lost all sound. I've checked all the usual things and even run a sound check on it. Everything appears to be set up correctly but there's not a peep! Even if I connect to my speakers, still nothing. Any ideas please?

Thank you

Karen

2. gatewaypc700

gatewaypc700

Make sure the sound drivers are correct for either your sound card. I had the same problem when I installed 7 and had to manually download a new driver for my sound card.
    James

3. karen-london

karen-london Thread Starter

Can't reply to my post below for some reason (as a new member I think). But I have no sound since I uninstalled XP and installed 7. Someone suggested I downloaded a new sound driver but how do i know which one is compatible with windows 7? I'l on a Compaq laptop, if that's makes any difference. I've googled sound drivers and it keeps taking me to driver robot who want £20 for new drivers, but I don't know if i'm even downloading the right thing.

thanks

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

Drivers are free from the HP website: http://www.hp.com/#Support. Give us the model number for your Compaq laptop and we will try to help you find the drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!