1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by swapnilbawane, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swapnilbawane

swapnilbawane Thread Starter

I have installed windows 7!
    Sound just got off ....icons there-showing volume!
    no idea whats wrong!
    No sound at all!
    tried to update the drivers no use!
    please help!

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It would help if you also included your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

3. swapnilbawane

Hey i hav C794WU Compaq Presario Laptop!
    Just installed Windows 7 Ultimate!
    Sound just went off while i was still playing the song in the middle!
    No idea!
    When i checked the properties! it says drivers installed properly!
    tried system restore...still no sound!
    tried to update the drivers..it says the driver is updated!
    i dont have separate drivers! :)

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  5. swapnilbawane

6. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,no yellow ! or red Xs in device manager,try uninstalling the sound card,reboot and let your machine install automatically,then if possible go direct to sound card site to update drivers

7. spencertl

spencertl

NONE of this usual stuff works to fix the sound issue. Gateway computer, onboard RealTec hi-def... installed Win7 from vista, no sound. Have updated drivers downloaded from RealTec, nothing. Downloaded from Gateway support, NOTHING. Installed new graphics card yesterday, got sound once, rebooted, again, back to no sound. I have searched for days for a solution and NOTHING WORKS. Device is properly enabled, all the braindead stuff you can check or test has been done to the point I am ready to throw this thing out the window... and nothing. It has GOT to be a freaking Microsoft issue, and it's been going on ever since they put out the first beta of Win7. I see this issue going back well over a year now even with the final release, which is what I have.

There has GOT to be some way to fix this. I cannot believe Microsoft has apparently done NOTHING to resolve this SERIOUS issue.

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Spencer you should start your own thread since your problem is not the same as the OP's. You have different hardware than the OP. Not to mention it is not considered good form to Hijack someone elses thread.
    That said, It is not Microsoft's responsibility to make the drivers for Gateway's hardware. Although with Win 7 they did do a good job of including more driver support than ever before. A clean install of Windows (not an upgrade from Vista) then a clean install of all drivers may resolve this problem

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice