1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sound

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Godmyeyesarebad!, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Godmyeyesarebad!

Godmyeyesarebad! Thread Starter

First Name:
    Stuart
    Hello,
    Today I have fitted a new PSU and cooler to my PC. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA870A UB3. I have just tried to play a DVD and for some unknown reason, the sound has stopped working. I have tested the speaker system (Logitech Z5500) and they are all working. I have tested with various DVDs in both the DVD and Blu Ray drives but nothing. I have checked all the obvious connections and I'm at a loss to know what it can be. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks.

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,have a look in device manager and expand "sounds" any yellow !s,check you have not displaced any connections while swapping fan etc.

3. Godmyeyesarebad!

Godmyeyesarebad! Thread Starter

First Name:
    Stuart
    Thanks huggie. Everything seems OK in Device Manager - no yellow triangles etc and I've checked and rechecked the connections - again everything is OK.
    To be honest, the PC is running the best it's ever been. It's so quiet now which is the only reason why I replaced the components - they were so noisy to the point of being unbearable.
    The only problem we have now is that there is no sound from the coax connection. The strange thing is I can get sound using the optical connection on the PC but not with the coax.
    The setup, which has been working perfect until I replaced these parts, is that we have a blu ray player which uses an optical connection and the PC uses the coax connection, so this means that everything can be controlled through the Logitech control unit - simple!! but for the life of me I can't think what's wrong.
    Any more thoughts. It might seem a silly problem but it's driving me crazy.

4. Unktone

Unktone

Is your sound card integrated into your motherboard?
    If so, I would go to your Gigabit's website and download the latest version of the drivers for your motherboard.

If your card is an add-on, get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice