1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No sounds from computer, Op syst is Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bella3496, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bella3496

bella3496 Thread Starter

Hi, i have been having trouble with my computer, op system is Vista, the DVD drive was not always recognised by the computer, when it was recognised it would sometimes drop out when in use, if buring a file it would then fail. After trying many suggested fixes i have now done a clean reload of Vista but for some reason i now do not have any sound, no system sounds and no sounds from DVD or music. Have checked everything obvious, connections, different speakers (3 sets) but still no sound. If you check the speaker settings while playing music you can see that there is sound (in there somewhere) as the visual bar fluctuates with the music.

Ap[preciate any help anyone may be able to provide.

Thanks you
    Tony

2. Classics

Classics

what type of sound card and/or motherboard do you have, and have you installed the latest drivers off the manufacturers website?

3. bella3496

bella3496 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for offer of help here, however have now resolved the problem. Found another post with same problem and that led to a resolution. fix was to go to task manager, expand the sound and delet the audio device then restart the computer, that worked a treat.
    Thanks again, all help greatly appreciated.

Tony

4. Classics

Classics

Glad you got it working!

5. bella3496

bella3496 Thread Starter

No worries, sales techniques have just taken on a whole new meaning, no doubt he has posted that reply a few times over.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice