1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No ssid from wrt54gl router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KingZeus, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KingZeus

KingZeus Thread Starter

Hi everyone, i need some help with my linksys router (54GL). have to connect to via cable the ssid isn't showing up on any wifi lists.

I have to type it in on my dlink software for the notebook under win 2000. even if i delete the list of wifi. And doesn't show up on the other notebook running xp home. I have reset and set up the router again, deleted the d link software/installed it. whats next ? p.s i'm using dd-wrt on router was running fine before, it just when't bye bye.

thanks ahead of time

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It sounds like you have the SSID Broadcast disabled, or the wireless disabled (mode set to none), or the wireless is not working.

3. KingZeus

KingZeus Thread Starter

nope its turned on TerryNet, i tried other software and it looks it works. i just had it working today like 30 min's. ago and then poof gone again mm could it be the linux cernal. this is weird it came back a little while ago. maybe i need to "break" dd-wrt and start from scratch with my linksys ver. 4.30.??

4. KingZeus

KingZeus Thread Starter

I just noticed today that my d-link airplus (dwl-6g30) shows 2 different bss/ibssid eg: b0-20 when ssid shows and b0-21 when it does not. any thoughts.

Thanks again... :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!