No ssid from wrt54gl router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KingZeus

Hi everyone, i need some help with my linksys router (54GL). have to connect to via cable the ssid isn't showing up on any wifi lists.

I have to type it in on my dlink software for the notebook under win 2000. even if i delete the list of wifi. And doesn't show up on the other notebook running xp home. I have reset and set up the router again, deleted the d link software/installed it. whats next ? p.s i'm using dd-wrt on router was running fine before, it just when't bye bye.

thanks ahead of time

TerryNet

Terry
It sounds like you have the SSID Broadcast disabled, or the wireless disabled (mode set to none), or the wireless is not working.

KingZeus

nope its turned on TerryNet, i tried other software and it looks it works. i just had it working today like 30 min's. ago and then poof gone again mm could it be the linux cernal. this is weird it came back a little while ago. maybe i need to "break" dd-wrt and start from scratch with my linksys ver. 4.30.??

KingZeus

I just noticed today that my d-link airplus (dwl-6g30) shows 2 different bss/ibssid eg: b0-20 when ssid shows and b0-21 when it does not. any thoughts.

Thanks again... :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online