No Stable internet connection past 8Pm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ivey90

For the past 3 weeks, when the clock strikes 8 pm, I'm disconnected from everything that uses the internet - MSN, broswer, Ventrillo etc. It stops connecting for a short time and then connects me back for about 2 minutes or so, then disconnects me again and repeats this cycle until i wake up and attempt to use the computer again the next day and my connection is perfect with no problems at all.

I'm currently hard-wired to my router which is in another room attached to another PC. It seems to be struggling with this problem too during said timeframe.

A friend linked me to a article on this site about some one experiencing the same problem as i have been, and one commenter suggest it may be call waiting. My family is using call waiting at the moment, bu they disagree with the article that it's our problem (although they don't know a thing about phones/internet connections)

Recently we replaced old corded phones with wireless ones... could the new wiring be my problem?

TerryNet

Terry
Either that or your family wants you to take a timeout from the internet each night. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts