1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Stable internet connection past 8Pm

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ivey90, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivey90

ivey90 Thread Starter

For the past 3 weeks, when the clock strikes 8 pm, I'm disconnected from everything that uses the internet - MSN, broswer, Ventrillo etc. It stops connecting for a short time and then connects me back for about 2 minutes or so, then disconnects me again and repeats this cycle until i wake up and attempt to use the computer again the next day and my connection is perfect with no problems at all.

I'm currently hard-wired to my router which is in another room attached to another PC. It seems to be struggling with this problem too during said timeframe.

A friend linked me to a article on this site about some one experiencing the same problem as i have been, and one commenter suggest it may be call waiting. My family is using call waiting at the moment, bu they disagree with the article that it's our problem (although they don't know a thing about phones/internet connections)

Recently we replaced old corded phones with wireless ones... could the new wiring be my problem?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This screams ISP issues to me.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Either that or your family wants you to take a timeout from the internet each night. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice