1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No startup sounds?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by koroshb, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koroshb

koroshb Thread Starter

Hello! Whenever I start my computer, the normal windows log-on (and error) sounds do not play. The volumes at 50%, the driver is functioning correctly, and I can play songs from WMP 12 (R). I have custom sounds that until recently worked perfectly. I added a sound clip of a jet engine starting up for my log-on sound. it is a .wav file like it should be and it is not corrupted (the theme I modified is 'Gunstringer' from the Microsoft's theme website - I added in the jet thing) HELP!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P340 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 7930 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 276378 MB, Free - 69683 MB; G: Total - 1430796 MB, Free - 1262425 MB; H: Total - 28761 MB, Free - 10961 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1444
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2012, Updated and Enabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    AVG IS causes some strange problems. If you don't get any better advice consider uninstalling it and running the AVG Remover. Make sure first that you have the Product key or whatever you need to reinstall it after testing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice