1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NO streaming audio recording sw will WORK!?!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by guiliana, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guiliana

guiliana Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guiliana - duh!!!
    I have been trying unsuccessfully ALL DAY to download (and run!) ANY free or shareware streaming audio recording software. I have tried JING, Streaming Audio Recorder (by apowersoft), and SoundTap by NCH. I'm pretty good with computers but this has me totally stumped (and also stumped Jing's Tech Support).

I download the .exe file and install the software without incident, BUT, hen I click on it to run it, the cursor becomes an hourglass for a few seconds and then goes back to the standard arrow. NOTHING I DO GETS ANY OF THESE APPS TO RUN! For sure this is one for the books. I'm sure it must be something simple, but Idk WTF that is. PLEASE HELP!!!!! I'm absolutely desperate.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7935 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 1383 GB (2 GB Free); D: 13 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
    Antivirus: None

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The software not running at all, would be a Windows, configuration, AV software, etc. Try right clicking and "run as admin". Otherwise, I've not used any of those, and without some sort of an error, I don't how to help.

3. guiliana

guiliana Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guiliana - duh!!!
    I did try run as admin. I know it's a Windows config error, I just don't know where to LOOK for it. I remember having a similar problem years ago, when Mozilla WOULDN'T start. Turned out that Windows thought it was already running. Thx for answering, anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!