1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"no suitable graphics devices found"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by djbroughton, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djbroughton

djbroughton Thread Starter

My two year old Dell Inspiron 1420 with Vista has generally worked fine but recently I have unable to access my Windows Media player. I get sound but no video. Also on my windows games, the error I get is "no suitable graphics devices found". One help forum talks about reinstalling nvidia but I can't find this program on my computer. Help, please! Please note that while I am comfortable with PC's, I am not into a lot of the tech lingo.

Dave

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

3. djbroughton

Downloaded nvidia from the Dell site (didn't even think to look there). When file was installing got message "can not find drivers compatible with your hardware. Set up will now exit"

Dave

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Are you sure you have NVidia graphics? Try the Intel GM965 video driver from Dell.

5. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

You may have a bad video card or on board video chip. In either case you should replace it or take it to a local computer shop.

6. djbroughton

took a couple of attempts before ithe gm965 video driver would download but MY VIDEO AND GAMES NOW WORK!!!

thanks for the help.

Dave

7. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

You're welcome (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/783430