1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Surround Sound in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Wingo101, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wingo101

Wingo101 Thread Starter

Hi

I'm having a problem with my sound in Vista. I have a Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card with the latest Vista drivers (2.23). I'm using the Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1ch Head Set & I also have Creative Inspire T6060 5.1ch speakers. All this on Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 with 4GB Corsair DDR2-800 RAM.

Here is my problem: If I play music or games, I only get sound from my front speakers & sub. I have gone to the sound settings in Vista and have set them all to 5.1ch. I have also changed my speaker settings to 5.1ch in my sound card control panel.

If I do the sound test in Vista, all my speakers work fine, and if I play music or movies in Power DVD, all the speakers work too.

I have managed to set up a dual boot with XP Professional, where everything works perfectly.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

It could do with whether the games or music is supported to be in surround sound. DVD movies should be because they support a range of speaker arrangements. But music doesn't have to be, and probably not all games unless they state it. A game would have to give you surround sound, otherwise it may as well be putting all the sound from the front speakers to the back ones to make it even, if that is set up.

3. Wingo101

Wingo101 Thread Starter

I have tried several games with surround sound. ie Crysis, Bioshock, COD4, Counter Strike Source. I made sure that the surround sound is enabled in the audio settings for each game, but I still only get 2.1ch output.

4. Wingo101

Wingo101 Thread Starter

I just found out that if I play my music using Power DVD, I get sound from all the speakers, but still no surround sound in games!

Any Help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/731877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice