1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no surround sound on dvd

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by TalkJesus.com, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalkJesus.com

TalkJesus.com Thread Starter

I rented a classic comedy, National Lampoon's Vacation 20th anniversary edition (1983 original).

I cannot get surround sound at all, at least I'd like to get stereo 2x like I do on my mp3's and
    general video clips (online like Godtube or local). I have a Logitech 5500 5.1 surround system
    and set the settings to Coax Stereo x2 (2 speakers duplicated to rear). It works with
    everything but this dvd, and there is no audio options on the dvd menu for the movie.

I tried another movie, released last year and it worked fine on x2 stereo mode.

One thing I noticed, with Vacation I only get sound coming out of the center speaker. Strange. Also, the LED display on my Logitech receive says "digital", whereas usually it should say Coax Stereo x2. It was on that setting until the movie started playing, it switched itself to digital only and center speaker only.

I'm watching via Media Center dvd, through an hdmi connected to my 1080p TV.

Probably irrelevant, I have a Creative Soundblaster Live 24bit external sound card with official 64bit drivers from Creative (latest drivers).

Specs
    Vista 64bit Ultimate SP1
    DVD watch via Media Center / HDMI cable to TV
    Logitech 5500 5.1 Speaker System / Coax Stereo x2 Settings
    Media Center: 5.1 audio settings

2. TalkJesus.com

TalkJesus.com Thread Starter

Hi folks, hope someone can help me out on this. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice