1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no system information on winME

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gary247, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gary247

gary247 Thread Starter

I am operating with winME and when I try to load system information all I get is a screen shot that the website is not available. The machine came pre-loaded and I do not have the disk that came with it. Is there anyway to get this back in the system without having the software disk?

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

Not sure about windows me, I use win98, but system information is(or should be) an application to simply display what windows already knows about your computer. It should not be a web page. Sure your not trying to access windows update? Anyway, on my win98 machine I do this to access system information. Go to Start>System tools>System information. Also you can try, Start>Run> type in the following MSINFO32.exe and then press O.K.

3. johnni

johnni

I use ME and I agree with Maritimesea, except the exact path is Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information; or use the Run alternative.

johnni

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

5. sasman

sasman

Try right clicking on MY COMPUTER on your desktop icon and scroll down to system information, you should find everything there...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!