No system memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alegro

In my performance information under read and print it says that I have no system memory and in advanced settings it says the same thing. When I try to play a video dvd in mp11 it can't play it, saying I don't have enough memory. The performance information states the following:
Total available graphics memory 527 mb
Dedicated graphics memory 256 mb
Dedicated system memory 0 mb
Shared system memory 271 mb

I have 1.5 gbs of ram installed and an nvidia GeForce 7300 gs vid car with 256 mb of memory. Before I installed the vid card it also read 0 system memory. Can someone tell me if I have a problem with my system or is this a correct reading? I can play dvd's in Media Center with no problems. Appreciate any help on this.

Thats screwed up, not sure if those readings are right, they sound pretty wrong.

The error in media center or windows media player is not because of memory but because there is no mepg-2 decoder installed on any vista build, since microsoft does not make the decoders - nbidia, ati, powerdvd, etc. make the decoders (all of which are payware) and since vista beta costs $0, it would be illegal for ms to include them in vista beta.

Alegro

Well, that explains part of my problem and since I can play movies in media center I will just use mp for audio files, it does play my midi files okay. Thanks for the input, now I know a little more..........

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online