No Task Bar/Start Button,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blssd1s

Hope someone out there can HELP!!! me.

Came home from work today on a Win XP Pro and 3 of the 5 logins have lost their Start menu/ Task Bar. I can't find it. When in safe mode it is there. When you scroll the mouse around it goes to the border of the top, left and bottome of the screen. to the right it will go way past the edge of the screen like it is going out into eternity then it take forever to scroll it back into view.

I NEED HELP!!!

blssd1s
http://personalpages.tds.net/~blssd1s

Do a system resstore to the day before from safe mode if possible.

Start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore. Select the date just prior to the problems and enter. Your system will reboot on its own.

blssd1s

Thanks mother board, it worked.

Now I am having a problem with IE 6, it seems to lock up and have to send a lot of error reports. Don't know what the error code is?

blssd1s

Download adaware , click the button to scan for updates and download any. Then do a scan and delete all it finds.Then if you continue to have problems download hijackthis , unzip it , do a scan, save the log then copy and paste it here.

blssd1s

I downloaded ad-aware and quarentined and removed all of what i thought were hijack or ad programs. But IE couldn't find any thing after that. I restored all the quarentenes and had to reboot my computer and i have it back. How do I know what to get rid of and what not to?

Thanks,
blssd1s

blssd1s

Every thing is working better. Popup have seem to disappear for now. now every time I log off, i get a Syscm.com "end now" dialog box. What is syscm.com

blssd1s:cool:

blssd1s

Dan O,
It is not a worm as far as I can tell. I am still having problems with it.

blssd1s

Taken from symantec

Click Start, and click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
Type regedit and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
Navigate to and select the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MCM

Press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
Navigate to and select the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftWindows\ CurrentVersion\Run

In the right pane, select the following value:

SysDrv c:\windows\system\sysmcm.exe

Press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
Exit the Registry Editor.

To delete the file:
Click Start, point to Find, and click Files or Folders.
Make sure that "Look in" is set to (C:) and that Include subfolders is checked.
In the Named box, type the following and then click Find Now:

sysmcm.exe

Windows will find the file and display it in the lower pane of the Find dialog box. It should be located in the \Windows\System folder.
Select the file, press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
Close the Find Files window.
Right-click the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop, and click Empty Recycle Bin.

blssd1s

mobo,
I don't have the SYSMCM.EXE, I have the SYSCM.EXE. Nothing worked. I am going to contact symantec and see what they say.

thanks,
blssd1s

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online