no taskbar and no icons just picture

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

night_player

help me plz,
at start up my toshiba laptop(winxp pro) will bring up my desktop picture but not my desktop icons or taskbar. any help would be hot.

night_player

help me plz,
at start up my toshiba laptop(winxp pro) will bring up my desktop picture but not my desktop icons or taskbar. any help would be hot.

I've noticed that you posted multiple threads in the XP forum on this very same topic, which is a no-no.

Can you do a CTRL+ALT+DEL to see what is running and make sure that "explorer.exe" is running?

night_player

i can use the (ALT+CTRL+DEL) and get to task manager but nothing is running i can start up tasks through it but only certain ones

night_player

thanks for the help. i found the explorer.exe program and used task manager and i got it to work thansk for all the help

I'm not sure exactly what you did to get it working again, but if everything is back to normal, you can mark this thread Solved using the Thread Tools drop down menu near the top of the page. :)

hi there go to start control panel click on taskbar and uncheck auto hide task bar see if that helps if you have a s video card and you have the screens backward you need to switch the tv 1 to default right click on the desk top go to properties settings click use this devise as primary monitor you should get you desk top back also if you have a s cable hooked up to you computer un plug it start you restart you computer and it should default back

hope it helps:)

Hi,
Had that problem yesterday on my daughter's laptop. I opened in safemode and done a system restore back to 27th Dec - everything back to normal but I found a virus which I presumed caused the problem.

Try this and see if it helps.

Cheers
Linda

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online