1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No text , blue screen, IE shutdown...please HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by backers, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backers

backers Thread Starter

I have a Samsung all in 1 computer, model DP-U350.
    For the last couple of weeks its been taking about 15 minutes to boot up, then last few days it gets as far as the desktop then just stops, so I can't run anything. I have to turn it off then on again a few times before it eventually gets working.
    This morning when I finally was able to get on, I got a blue screen and it shut down & re-booted. This happened a few times, every time I tried to go on the internet (Firefox) Uninstalled Firefox, tried IE and got on ok, but as soon as I tried to search using Google, IE shut down! AVG search works fine!
    I used Samsung Recovery to do a Basic Restore, but it didn't fix anything. I then decided to do a system restore to earlier date - but all the boxes are blank so I can't do it. All other screeens requiring input are blank as well!!
    got no idea what to do next (BTW I'm using my laptop to write this!)

Help me please!

2. backers

backers Thread Starter

Have just tried to use Family Historian on my pc - no text in there either!! whats going on?
    Also, have Word starter and excel starter on machine - nothing appearing on there either.
    going to start pulling my hair out soon

3. backers

backers Thread Starter

just tried to use sfc /scannow and it says 'you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility.'
    I am the administrator but what is a console session and how do I start one?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1053446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice