1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No threats found with Spybot

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vanmol, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vanmol

vanmol Thread Starter

Hi -----For the past week or so Spybot S&D no longer finds any new threats on my puter. I just uninstalled and then reinstalled Spybot. Ran a new search and it still finds no threats. AdAware, which always found fewer threats than Spybot is still working. Are there any known issues re Spybot? Any suggestions or thoughts?

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi vanmol,same on mine,Im just taking it that there are no threats on computer,its working ok thats obvious so why worry? :)

3. mobo

mobo

Had you used the immunize feature ?

4. Nita

Nita

mine is the same should I be concerned, up to a couple of weeks ago there was always something to fix I haven't used the immunise feature I don't even know what it is
    Nita

5. mobo

mobo

Do you have any other programs like spyware blaster installed ?

6. vanmol

vanmol Thread Starter

Hi MOBO---Yes I have SpywareBlaster installed but just recently and after Spybot found no new threats. Another question-----How do you uninstall Spyware Blaster---Cant find it in AddRemove and it has no uninstall. File search shows it in My Programs folder but I can't find it there and no shortcut on desk top.

7. mobo

mobo

That is the reason your not getting anything in spybot..Spyware Blaster is protecting yur pc so it doesn't get installed so leave it on..Its doing its job.

8. mobo

mobo

9. vanmol

vanmol Thread Starter

Just a thought-------If Spyware Blaster is doing such a great job of preventing access that Spybot S&D finds no threats--------do we really need Spybot anymore?

10. TOGG

TOGG

Since I got SpywareBlaster and Cookie Wall, AdAware and Spybot have not found anything on my computer. I don't have the Immunize feature in Spybot turned on but I have IE protection enabled in SpywareBlaster.

I do have some other programs that prevent Active X loads and Registry modifications so I can't say for certain which program, (or combination of programs) is keeping me 'clean' and I don't really care much as long as they play nicely together.

Personally, I think Spybot is worth keeping for its other Tools, even if it doesn't catch much spyware.

11. mobo

mobo

It is good to have onboard for its past use in picking up some dialers and others that adaware hadn't.For its limited size i see no reason to remove it really.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice