1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Thunderbird windows 10

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Blakes7, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Hi! I finally got my brother to get a new computer after 9 years. The computer is:
    AMD Ryzen 2200g
    Asus B450-A mother board
    8gb RAM
    Seagate Bara-Cuda 500gb
    I was installing windows 7, and it automatically upgraded to windows 10 pro. I've installed anti-virus and firefox. I install thunderbird, and when I click on it to open, it says it can't find the profiles file. I had backed up the profiles from his old computer and copied that to the folder. Then I get a message:

Your Thunderbird profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible
    I dleted the profiloe file, and copied a Thunderbird folder I had copied that contains Crash reports, Pending Pings, and Profile folders as well as profiles.ini file and get the same message. I've downloaded 2 more thunderbirds---all the latest, uninstalled, and tried all these with the same results. What is going on? I never had a problem before with thunderbird. I've even tried backup-thunderbird program with bak file to restore the previous, but it restored, then when I click on thunderbird, I get the same message as above. any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice