1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no tv internet connect using netgear adapter

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Antlerridge, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Antlerridge

Antlerridge Thread Starter

We have been using a netgear router with a netgear adapter to connect our Element TV to the internet using a Samsung Bluray
    disk. Two weekends ago we had a power outage and couldn't get internet in the house. We bought a new netgear router and adapter, identical to the former except that the router is for 5.0GH besides the 2.4 of the former. We now have internet
    on our phones, and laptops, but cannot get connection on the tv. I have called tech support of netgear and samsung and
    tried all their suggestions. They don't work. So they say there is nothing else to do. Really...? The bluray says "online
    when I try to follow the tv menu so I would think the bluray is connected. The tv setting says our internet is working and
    that we are connected. The WLAN LED light will blink amber and green for quite a while then it shuts off. The router and
    adapter with tv are all in the same room. It is a "wired" connection as opposed to "wireless". Our laptops, printer, etc. are
    all working wirelessly. What do you suggest? I am not very techno savy, but am trying. Have looked online, but everything
    pretty much deals with wireless or connection with a PC. You can even call me if that would help. (970)903-2713

Thanks,
    Antlerridge

2. C141

C141

I might be of some help. First though Is your Bluray DVD player 'Smart' in that it has apps etc??

3. Antlerridge

yes, it isit will bring up the menu for getting apps on the tv, but I keep getting the mess. on the tv that I need to connect
    to the internet.

4. C141

C141

What Model Samsung Bluray Player Is It?

In the interim try the following procedures:

1. Remove AC Power From Your Modem.
    2. Remove AC Power From Your Router
    3. Unplug The Bluray DVD Unit & Remove Any Ethernet Cable Going To it.
    4. Attach AC Power To The Modem. Wait A Minute Or Two Before Proceeding.
    5. Attach AC Power To The Router. Again Wait A Minute Or Two Before Proceeding.
    6. Plug The Blu-ray Player Back In & Turn The Player On.
    7. Connect The Ethernet Cable & Allow The Player To Sit For 1-2 Minutes Before Attempting A Connection To The Network.
    8. Retry Your Network.

5. Antlerridge

Thanks, I am having to leave again, but will try those things mentioned and get back. Is it ok to return your call.? Will
    be later in the day before I get back. Model of Samsung is BD-C5500.

6. Antlerridge

I tried all the things you suggested. The bluray will play a disc and I can go to "settings" which it has been doing that
    so l..eads me to believe that the problem is somewhere between the adapter and router. I have moved them to within
    3 feet of eachother, which is as close as I can get. Would there be a problem of it being a 5.0 Is there such a thing
    as our provider not being able to use that, however our PCs are working, phones, etc. I am confused what could be
    wrong.

7. C141

C141

OK, I'm going to direct you to a support link at Samsung for your specific Bluray. On the page that opens you will see on the right "Troubleshooting Guide" & directly below that "Use Our Interactive Tool To Fix Common Problems."

Follow that link to "Network Setup & Usage" & then select "Are You Using A Wired Or Wireless Connection? Select "Wired" & have a look at each of the 3 choices provided. The 2nd choice "Setting Up A Wired Network Connection" contains a link within that provides procedures to narrow down the problem to 1 of 4:

1. Mac Address Test Fails
    2. IP Address, Subnet, Gateway, DNS Server Test Fails
    3. Gateway Ping Fails
    4. Internet Service Test Fails

Don't be intimidated by any, as all are easy to do.

One last question. What is the Adapter you mention?

Start Here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersProduct.do?prd_ia_cd=N0000071&prd_mdl_cd=BD-C5500%2FXAA&prd_mdl_name=BD-C5500#

8. Antlerridge

The adapter is a Netgear Universal WNCE2001 Did the network test, it was successful. I cannot get all three lights on
    the adapter to light up. The power and LAN LED lights will work just the WLAN won't and I think that is the one transferring
    internet. It blinks green and amber for quite a while, then red bout 3 times then shuts off.

9. Antlerridge

The adapter is a Netgear Universal WNCE2001 Did the network test, it was successful. I cannot get all three lights on
    the adapter to light up. The power and LAN LED lights will work just the WLAN won't and I think that is the one transferring
    internet. It blinks green and amber for quite a while, then red bout 3 times then shuts off.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice