"No updates are installed on this computer."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ronbar59

I bought my HP Pavilion laptop in July 2013. It is running Windows 7 Home Edition and seems to be running very well, except for the behavior of Windows Updates. My “problem” is that I'm not sure whether its behavior really is a problem.

Quite often while it is shutting down, a warning message appears in a very pretty light blue screen. The message reads "Please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing update 1 of n...". The “n” may vary from 2 or 3, to 11 or 12.

When I later restart the computer and click on "Start-->All Programs-->Windows Update-->View update history", a Control Panel window opens and displays a long list of installed updates. The “Status” column for most of them reads “Successful”. (see attached image #1 "view update history.jpg")

But if I click the Control Panel link to "See also-->Installed Updates", it reports "No updates are installed on this computer." (see attached image #2 "No updates are installed.jpg")

Recently when I clicked on a small popup which said something like "Click here to install updates", the Windows Update pane of the Control Panel opened and displayed the message "Windows could not search for new updates / An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer. / Error(s) found: / Code 80080005 Windows Update encountered an unknown error." (see attached image #3 "error code 80080005.jpg").

This behavior has been repeated many times since I bought this computer.

Have you any suggestions regarding what is happening on my computer with respect to Windows Update?

Thank you,

Ron

Attachments

ronbar59

This laptop came with Kaspersky.
Frequent scans report "no threats detected".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online