No Usb Ports

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

taketime

I gave my g-son my old computer. It started with Windows 95 and now has 98SE. He bought himself a digital camera so I downloaded all the software into the computer and turned it around to plug the camera in and WHAT?? No plug-ins for the USb cable. :>( So......what I am wondering, can I install one or better yet, buy one of the adapters made for computers without USB ports? Or am I asking for trouble (I usually am) I don't want to put his software in my computer as I already have enough programs in it, but if all else fails.........who knows? Do you think the Motherboard can handle it? Thanks for any info/advice.
~~jan~~

taketime

Just want to thank you & will be checking out the situation on that computer when things get back to "normal" around here. Thanks again!
~~jan~~:)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Jan:

Make sure that camera's software is supported by Windows 98SE before you go through the hassle of installing a USB add-on card. A lot of new hardware and software is coming out that's only supported by Windows XP and not by Windows 98/98SE or Windows ME.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online