1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no user account to login windowsXP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by r_freeman123, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. r_freeman123

r_freeman123 Thread Starter

hi all,
    please help me, I got a problem to enter windows XP SP2 prof., it shows empty desktop at startup and there is no user, no start menu.
    when i press Ctrl,Alt,Del many time i got the task manger and there is no user in it.
    please can i do to get back the user. i don't want to reinstall windows

2. 919263

Not enough information....
    You stated that when you start up... there is nothing on the desktop.... what does that mean, if you are able to get to the desktop, that means you are a user.. If you are not getting the user prompt, press clt+Alt+Del 2 times quickly, if no noe is logged on to the system, you should get the Administrator prompt asking for password...
    If you are the Administrator... you can log on and create yourself an account... If you are not the administrator... go find the administrator....

3. r_freeman123

r_freeman123 Thread Starter

computer start with the blue background of the desktop, nothing in the desktop, no icons, no start menu nothing at all. by pressing Ctrl,alt,del I could enter the task manager but no user in the task manager. I'm the administrator.

4. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    You can force the desktop to load, by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, then on Task Manager, click the Applications tab, select New Task and type explorer.exe.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Can you log into any other account?

6. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

Try pressing F8 after bios post, boot into safe mode and do a system restore to a previous state. The windows installation disc also has a recovery console that may help restore missing files. It may very well be a virus that embedded itself into your registry and modified the "explorer.exe" command to load with windows. Thus, if you can CTRL+ALT+DEL, the choose RUN and type "explorer.exe" then see windows. That will help us to determine the next course of action.:D

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you can get the Task Manager running, go to File > New Task and type:

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

You can type this same command from Safe Mode with Command Prompt if you can get to that.

Restore to a point before the problem. (Adjust C: or Windows if your system is different.)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice