1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No users registry in Win7 pro

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LeoPop, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeoPop

LeoPop Thread Starter

It started with a problem of blekko taking control of my browser.

Could not get rid of the blekko.
    It was told to me I needed to get it out of the registry.Erunt was recommended that was a big mistake.
    Erunt made a back up of the registry into a folder marked erunt.Then proceeded to remove all of the Win7 users registry.
    When I later went to the erunt folder it was empty.Could not put back users registry.

What I now need to do is reload Win7 pro but keep all my programs.
    One could do that in XP and all system that preceeded xp.
    Seems one can do very little with Win7 apart from format and loose every thing.

Does any one know how to 1 get the users registry back or 2 reload Win7 and keep all my programs please. Thanks LeoPop.:)

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice