1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No VGA detected sound from speaker

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blahblahblah55, Aug 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Blahblahblah55

Blahblahblah55 Thread Starter

Hello, so I recently bought all new parts to make a new gaming PC and I built it myself, the PC works and boots and can run games just fine but whenever i'm turning it on i'm getting the one continuous beep followed by three short beeps which means no VGA detected by the motherboard manual, the problem with that is that I can't get to the BIOS in order to change some things and just the fact that's happening annoys me, my display is connected directly to my GPU through HDMI, my motherboard is Z390 pro gaming and my GPU is asus strix rtx 2070 gaming oc, if i'm connecting my display to the motherboard I can access the BIOS but it doesn't give anything on the display afterwards, but if I connect the display to the GPU it does the beeps and than just doesn't show anything on the display until windows loads up.
    Would love if someone could help me solve this issue.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I don't know if it'll help, but have you tried to disable the On-board graphics in the BIOS?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What is the full make and model of the motherboard ? What Cpu ?

4. Blahblahblah55

I've set the graphics to auto in BIOS previously and it doesn't work, is there something else you think I can do?

ASUS TUF Z390 pro gaming and I have an I7-9700k if it helps.

5. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Well, I think the machine tries the on-board first. So, if you haven't done so before, try to disable it. It should be an option in the Bios. If that doesn't do it, then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Have you tried contacting the Mobo manufacturer?

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Are you using a Monitor or TV for the display and does it make any difference if the Monitor/TV is powered on or off when you power up the PC ?

I've looked at the motherboard's manual and I can't find any settings for which graphics will be used (onboard or graphics card) where in the Bios did you find that ?

7. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I just saw that you said it was a ASUS board. I thought it was a different one. Sorry.
    That means that my suggestion may not be an available option. I'll look at the manual later.
    BTW. Exactly which video board did you install? (You may have said that too?)

8. Blahblahblah55

I'm running my PC using a monitor for the display and I found that option in Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration which gives the option to choose what to set for primary display which is always resetting itself to CPU Graphics while i'm connecting my monitor directly to the motherboard and have tried setting it to PCIe or auto but it doesn't help at all.
    while i'm running my monitor through my GPU the VGA LED on the motherboard is still lit but the PC and everything are running no problem.
    There's also 2 white LEDs lit above the 6 and 8 pin connectors on my GPU, although I think these are meant to be lit white and not the other LED next to it if it helps.
    Can also post pictures or short video of what's going on if it'll help.
    Thanks for trying to help btw.

9. Blahblahblah55

I have also reinstalled my GPU drivers and I also made sure the 2 white LEDs on my GPU are nothing special and should be like that.

10. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, the manual just gives a heading of 'System Agent (SA) Configuration' with 'The items in this menu allow you to adjust the Link Speed for PEG port and Multi-Monitor' underneath then moves on to the next heading !

Did you try having the Monitor powered off and powered on (in standby I suppose) when you powered up the PC ? Does it make any difference ?

I read online that having the monitor powered on first could stop the beeping.

11. Blahblahblah55

I'm always powering on my monitor before the PC but I have tried both ways and none seems to change a thing, could it be something with my monitor itself? I have a samsung syncmaster p2370

12. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice