1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No VGA/HDMI input to my monitor on multiple pc's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dareon, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Dareon

Dareon Thread Starter

Okay I'll do my best to to walk through all this in detail.

I have a working PC that's connected to my working monitor by VGA.

After building a new pc I unplug all cords of my known working PC, and then begin plugging in and booting up my new pc.

My new PC turns on but I have no screen input.

After trouble shooting, I decide to leave it be and replug in my known working PC.

My known working PC turns on but with no screen input.

I've tried VGA and HDMI cables on both. I have no idea why my monitor has decided to not accept either computer and I'm totally stumped.

I do not think it's an issue with my PC, as it was working fine just before I unplugged the cords.

All VGA cables seem to be inserted tightly.

The monitor has always been working fine until I plugged it into the new pc.

Does anyone have any clue what happened and how I can trouble shoot this?

2. thomask70

thomask70

I don't have a right out solution for you but have you attempted to re-attach the old build to ensure it isnt the monitor?
    I've got an older monitor like that, has DVI and VGA on it, but the moment I connect this one computer on it to work on it, it fails to display anything. I have to connect it to a 'newer' (more 16:9 layout) monitor.

If you have a newer monitor with the HDMI or displayport try connecting to that.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. In order to help you, you need to post a LOT more info. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact video card, etc, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice