1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No vga signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fastbenjamin, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastbenjamin

Fastbenjamin Thread Starter

I got an old desktop out of storage today and when I went to turn it on there was nothing showing up on my monitor. Its a HP Pavilion A6210z. I checked the chord and monitor using my laptop and they both work. All the monitor reads is no vga signal and then sleeps. Computer seems to be running fine, all the fans working and all the lights are on. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    HP Pavilion a6210z CTO Desktop PC(GN634AV)
    It was introduced in September 2007 in the U.S.A. and Canada.
    Because it was a Custom-To-Order model, it came with one of these operating systems and one of these graphic devices:

os.JPG gpu.JPG

Does your have only integrated graphics or does it also have a graphic card?
    If it has both, is the monitor connected to the correct port?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. Fastbenjamin

Fastbenjamin Thread Starter

It has windows Vista, but I cant remember which one. I'm not sure which graphics card it is. How do I know if it has integrated graphics? It says Nvidia N1996 on the card that's in it. It is plugged into the vga which goes into the motherboard, I've never used the dvi that goes straight into the video card so it's the same port I've always used. Heres a couple pics of the graphics card.

Attached Files:

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The HP part number 5189-0684 in your second image
    Capture.JPG
    is associated with a NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE 256 MB graphic card.

Yours appears to have only a DVI port(white).
    upload_2017-4-6_15-25-33.png

The motherboard panel in that desktop should have a VGA port(blue).

If the cable to your monitor has a VGA connector, you have 1 of 2 options:
    1. Remove the graphic card and connect the monitor to the motherboard's VGA port.
    2. Connect the appropriate DVD-to-VGA adapter to the graphic card and then connect the monitor to it,
    Capture3.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice