1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No VGA???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hurricanesoccer, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hurricanesoccer

hurricanesoccer Thread Starter

I have a shuttleX that ran fine about 2 months ago when I put it in storage (my closet). Now when I try to start it up it starts fine (fans, lights, general noise) and goes through the Windows startup but then, when it should bring up my desktop it just... STOPS? I tried multiple monitors that I know work, my old monitor says "Attention out of range H: .0KHz V:60.2Hz" but my roommates monitor says "No VGA R/B/G"!! Jesus, I paid over $1100 for this darn thing to be built 4-5 years ago.

I saw another string of posts with another more tech savvy guy that was having the same problem, only he never seemed to resolve it :(

Please, help?????

2. n2gun

n2gun

are you running xp?? if so try booting in safe mode(f8 during boot). then try restoring back a couple days from last file. may be a corrupted file and this may take care of it. another thing to try is removing video card and then putting back in. sitting may have allowed some corrosion and this should take care of that. also is there more than one place to plug in a video card?? saw a friend who upgraded from onboard video that had similar problem til i plugged monitor into other spot.

3. hurricanesoccer

So, I tried rebooting in safe mode and got to the same place :( I can hear the thing running but the screen just goes black. I know my video card was getting very old so I'm thinking I'll take it to the local computer parts store (ENUinc dot com) and see if those guys know anything? I'll repost when I get an answer, IF I get an answer.

Oh, and yes, my OS is XP (although I suspect the guy that installed it took my $200 and just installed a cracked OS because Windows Genuine is not happy with me at all -sigh-).

4. hurricanesoccer

OK, so the guys at my local computer store checked it with.. some software.. and he determined that it is a problem with my fake Windows OS (XP Pro) - SO - I upgraded and bought Vista (I know, I know) basic. He set it in my BIOS to read from the CD, then floppy, then harddrive BUT[!!] I've now inserted the CD and it won't read from it?? I don't know if it's not reading it, but the screen still goes blank at the same spot.

Any new ideas??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice