1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Video (audio only) When Live Streaming

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kareyd, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kareyd

kareyd Thread Starter

Hi All
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6091 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1274 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 689920 MB, Free - 507079 MB; D: Total - 21219 MB, Free - 2261 MB; E: Total - 4054 MB, Free - 1103 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1672
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

I note from the above that the Radeon (TM) 7450M card which is installed was not picked up. Control Panel advises that the driver software for it are up to date and that it is working properly. Not sure, with the fact it wasn't discovered, that it may be something to do with my problem.

I used to watch all of my sport on-line. Recently the video stopped. I get a black screen, but with the audio, so my links still work. I also get the same result when I try to watch news video on my homepage, ninemsn.com.au.

YouTube works, in facts most things do (3GPP, MP4, Windows Media, AVI, MPEG, DIVX, Video Clip - all file names I have installed) all work.

Only can't get video when streaming. I've spent many hours looking for a solution online, and can't find a fix.

Hoping someone has the answer.

Danny

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What exact pages don't work/or what player are they using? YouTube is "streaming" video, so obviously "streaming" video is working.

Most likely, whatever player is used on the page(s) that don't work, needs to be updated or reinstalled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1118021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice