No Video From PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tashon

A few days ago we decided to upgrade the main computer (a Medion MT5 MED 113) from 256mb to 1024mb. We completed the upgrade but upon start-up the PSU blew. Upon inspection I found that the stock PSU was only a 250watt. We then bought a 500watt PSU, an LG DVD-Burner and a 120gig Seagate HDD. I installed these new upgrades and now when the computer is powered on we get no video. I've already tried swapping the graphics cards and that didnt solve the problem. I removed both ram sticks and put the old 256mb in and that didnt fix it. I then thought maybe it was the motherboard that was causing the problems so I thought if I took out all the ram sticks the motherboard would start bleeping to let me know, and it did. So the motherboard CANT be dead. I spent 30 minutes checking, double checking and triple checking all the connections and they were all fine. I've also tried two different LCD monitors and that didnt work. I did notice two things though, when the PC is powered on or off the LED indicator on the monitor quickly flashes twice. Also, the activity LED at the front of the case stays orange and doesnt blink. I would go out and buy a replacement motherboard but I'm not sure that's the problem and wouldnt want to waste more money, and furthermore I cant find anywhere on the internet that will tell me what make and model the motherboard is so I can buy a new one.

Thanks in advance,
Tashon

My feeling is that when the PSU blew it still could have done enough damage to the mobo to make it usless, the only way to tell is to do a minimal boot, disconect all but the basics if it won't boot then its probably fried.

Tashon

Yea I've tried that. Now I need to find out exactly which motherboard I need to buy :O

Depends what you want to do, use the existing cpu? If not there is lots of choice for motherboards if you have an ATX case and all the other componants should work ok.
Just need to match what you have to motherboard

Tashon

Yea, I guess its only the CPU I need to match right? All I know is that its a P4 2ghz cpu lol

Intel P4 2ghz processers come in two pin sizes 423 and 478 you will need to investigate to find out which one you have. You might have to shop around a bit to find a 423 Motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online