No Video Input - Asus G11CB (Brand New)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

creent

Hello, thanks for reading this !

Anyways, straight to the problem.

I just got a Brand New Desktop, Asus G11CB.

Here are the specs:

Asus G11CB 1A
Intel i7-6700
DDR4 2133 16G
1TB SATA3 + 256G SSD SATA3
NV GTX970/4GD5
Windows 10 64bit
No Audio Card
No TV Tuner Card (idk what is this)

As it is brand new, I tried setting it up. I plugged in the power supply, connect to moniter using a VGA cable and turn it on. The lights came up, the fan is working, no sound or beep was heard. However it won't show on the moniter.

I tried using a VGA cable first, it didn't work.
Then I changed the VGA cable to a new one, it didn't work.
I then changed to a HDMI cable, nope.

Then I thought, okay maybe it's the moniter, so I connected it to another monitor that I have. Nope.

So it would be amazing if you could let me know what to do! Gimme your expertise. Haha. Thanks a lot! Please help ~

texasbullet

Ramon
You might have a defective computer. If still under warranty try to change it for another one.
Have you tried connecting your computer to your TV to see if you may have better luck.

pretty sure g11cb's top hdmi and vga doesn't work, check the bottom 20% of your desktop from the back. There should be a 2nd hdmi port, it connects directly to your graphics card. Your desktop is not by any means defective.

crjdriver

The asus specs show that your system comes with a real video card. Are you sure you are connecting the monitor to the video card and NOT to the onboard/onchip video? Note the onchip video is disabled when a real video card is installed.
Here is a pic of the back of your system. Circled in RED is where you connect. Circled in BLACK is where NOT to connect.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online