1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"No video input detected" - Solved the problem but I have a question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daan1, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daan1

Daan1 Thread Starter

Hey guys, first of all great that you have this community and thank you in advance for sharing your wisom :)

I have a question about a hardware issue that I have (I will post my specs below). About a year ago I compiled a decent gaming pc and had it assembled. After about a month, I couldn't get it to boot normally and I got the error 'no video input detected' on my monitor, while everything else seems fine. I'm by no means a computer expert but know just enough of it to take the GPU out and switch RAM sockets, and after doing those things a couple of times my pc worked again just fine.

Today I got the same error again. In fact, my screen froze into all kinds of colored pixels and nothing worked anymore. When I turned the PC off and on again, I got the 'no input detected' thing again. After taking out the GPU again, clearing dust, checking all cables were connected and reseating the RAM a couple of times it still wouldn't give any signal to my monitor. However when I reseated the RAM again to a socket that I had not tried before, everything now works again flawlessly.

Now my question is: do you think my RAM might be broken and could it be frying my RAM sockets slowly one by one? I know I should test this by placing the RAM back again but I'm a bit concerned that I might not get my PC to work again when I start meddling around again.

2. Daan1

Daan1 Thread Starter

Specs:

- ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M - Motherboard - micro ATX - Socket FM2 - AMD A75 - USB 3.0 - Gigabit LAN
    - AMD Athlon II X4 750K - 3.4 GHz - 4 cores - 4 threads - 4 MB cache - Socket FM2 - Box
    - Radeon HD 7750 - 2 GB GDDR3 - PCI Express 3.0 x16 - DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort
    - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 - Vaste schijf - 500 GB - intern - 3.5" - SATA-600 -buffer: 16 MB
    - Corsair CX Series Modular CX430M
    - Crucial - Memory - 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL11 - 1.5 V - non-buffered - non-ECC

3. replay

replay

That video card requires a MINIMUM of a 400w power supply.......u might be cutting it abit close

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice