1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Video Input

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fartenadze, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fartenadze

fartenadze Thread Starter

i took of RAM but i still couldn't get video image then i checked if it was video card problem but
    it's not that . everything is working well PC is booting but no video image. i plugged my computers screen on laptop it worked. changed video card on pc but still same. if it's motherboard problem how is PC even booting

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi fartenadze, and welcome.

I don't think anyone here will be able to offer much assistance without knowing the manufacturers and full model numbers of all the hardware involved.

1) Was this set-up working OK at one time and then stopped working? If so was anything changed just prior to the failure?

2) What makes you so sure that the PC is fully booting up? Do you hear any POST beeps? Does the computer play a Windows start up sound?

3) If the motherboard has a built-in controller, have you tried removing any video controller card and connecting the monitor directly to the motherboard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice