1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no video no post no beep

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by repentent, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. repentent

repentent Thread Starter

OK , no post, no beep, no boot, no clue. I have a hp dc5100 desktop pc. Intel inside 3.2Ghz , 1gig ram, all factor except some upgrade on the ram by a tech quite some time ago. I left my pc on overnight as usuall, next morning nothing on the monitor. I left it on with screensaver, not in hibernation or sleep mode. No response. so I rebooted and nothing, except the following, power light came on with fans , cd led blinks etc, but no video no post, no boot?.

I tried all the troubleshooting guidlines i know and such listed on HPs' site. Ram is good, monitor is good. with all perifials disconected. Mainboard led is on.I tried an external video card. I tried clearing the cmos. made sure connections and cables are good. cpu cooler is warm to touch. video chip warm to touch. I completley disconected all power cables, pulled cmos battery,pulled all jumpers and used the cmos reset button on the mainboard, in various sequences. restored all to original state and still... Pwer up renders no video, no post or beep sequence. P.S. when i try bootup with no ram i do get beeps for memory fault so speaker is working. I havn't come across this before as I usually run AMD on an ASUS mainboard and I'm not familiar with HP. Any suggestions of what i may have missed are gretly appreciated thank you.

2. replay

replay

1st thing is to try a different/new power supply

3. repentent

repentent Thread Starter

thank you I'll give it a shot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice