1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No video output from motherboard/gpu. Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by devbrian, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devbrian

devbrian Thread Starter

No video output on iGPU or GPU on Desktop. Motherboard not posting. GPU fan spins at 100%. I've tried removing all RAM sticks and tried each one by itself. I've removed all hard drives. I've reset GPU and tried without GPU. I feel like I've tried everything at this point. It's a new power supply. I've tried two other power supplies as well.

I can't get Dual BIOS to kick in, either (no switch on this board so I have to use the power cycling trick).

Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H
    i7 3570k
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Silverstone 500W Strider PSU

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Based purely on your description, it sounds like the motherboard has failed.

3. devbrian

devbrian Thread Starter

This is what I was afraid of. The power supply failed due to being plugged directly into a wall and no surge protector. I'm guessing that it took the motherboard out with it.

Oddly enough, the motherboard is still activating the CPU fan.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That does not make a pw supply fail. In fact a surge protector is next to useless [other than adding more outlets] A UPS is a MUCH better option if you are worried about pw surges.

Next have you tried to pw ON with the ram removed? If not, do so. See if you get an error beep from the mb speaker. If you do not get an error code beep, then the board is most likely dead.
    I assume this is not a new build and has been running correct?

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Agree with crjdriver, plugging a PSU directly to the wall really shouldn't matter (unless you have a massively unstable power supply), I have never used a surge protector :sneaky:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1156532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice