1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No video output on HDMI after video driver update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ViCaelestis, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViCaelestis

ViCaelestis Thread Starter

So I recently decided to update my graphics for the new Battlefront and got a pop up from Catalyst Control asking if I wanted to activate some 'super high' setting for my Toshiba 32BV702B 32" tv. I foolishly clicked okay and now my tv won't display any video.

I'm not sure where to go to turn that setting off but I can get back my video by plugging in a DVI output at the same time. I just use this extra monitor for when stuff breaks cause the BIOS options don't show on HDMI output - right now it's allowing the TV to display the picture but if I remove that cable the video goes again. I'm guessing it's a different video profile when they're both plugged in from when they aren't or something and I don't know how to make changes to just the TV when both are plugged in for me to be able to see.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Nick

Extra info:
    AMD Radeon HD 7800 4gb card
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    TV Resolution, when DVI plugged in: 1920 x 1080 32-bit 30hz - Generic PnP Monitor

If you need any further info about my setup just let me know and I'll try to provide it asap.

Edit: I should say - I'm just looking for a way to reset my graphics completely. Is it a matter of uninstalling all the graphics programs and device driver in safe mode and reinstalling?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice