1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No video signal after reboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dankus, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dankus

dankus Thread Starter

Ok not sure where to start with this long story but here goes. Ok i have built a few computers over the years and everything started the same as any other build. I installed everything and only had onboard video as this was a piece by piece build. I had 4 gigs of ram ddr3 1333 i had hdd a phenom II 945 quad core cooler master silent pro 700 power supply windows vista 64 home edition. Everything seemed fine and i started to load up windows. It did its usual routine and it came time for a restart. Upon restart i lost video signal and the comp didnt seem to keep going on boot everything was on and fans but it didnt seem to keep going on the boot and no sound from windows or anything came up. I tried to restart again with no luck same problem. Finally found i could just hold the power button for 5 seconds or so and it would shutdown start it back up and it would come back on fine. Got windows on updated etc etc more reboots same troubles. No matter how i try to reboot it i get same results as before. Ok now i start trying to narrow it down to what it might be maybe its the onboard video. So i order a xfx 5670 vid card. I install it same troubles. I get fedup and take it in somewhere they tell me its the mobo which is what i start to think it is. I send it back in to the company they test is in several departments and no troubles. Now i get it back and am just frustrated with the whole thing and kind of put it on the back burner. Now about a month ago i buy second video card double the memory buy new mobo new hdd even new power supply and upgrade to windows 7. I only install the new stuff only leaving the old stuff out exact same problem again. No video signal on restart have to shut down then turn back on. Now needless to say at this point i dont have a clue what the problem can be. Since i know someone wil ask i have tryed it all diff monitor diff system on same monitor diff cables cords etc u think of it i have prolly already tryed all the obvious. The only thing that remains the same in this system now is the case. Two diff builds with two totally diff mobos diff items same exact problem. Other than that the system is wonderful and its the only problem i have with either setup i have i even added the second vid card for crossfire doubled the memory now still same problems. The other mobo was an ecs. Memory is gskill hardrive is western digital not sure what else i can tell anyone except help

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8191 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, 1024 Mb x2
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 432818 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, 880G Extreme3, ,
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. dankus

dankus Thread Starter

No one out there can help me?

3. dankus

dankus Thread Starter

well above problem still exists so the only two things left are the cpu and tower that it can be. So i am gonna buy them see if i can actually figure it out and will have another comp in the end.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice